Lead BI SQL SSIS ETL Developer
Lead BI SQL SSIS ETL Developer - IFS Portsmouth
This is a full time position, working Monday-Friday 8.30am-5pm.
Purpose of the Role;
This developer role is focused on the technical delivery of data exchange solutions between IFS and partners. Working closely with the Head of BI and various project teams as well as directly with customers and suppliers, you will be closely involved in the design and specification of ETL processes to automatically exchange a range of data between IFS applications, (including our Azure based Data Warehouse), and a wide selection of customers and suppliers. You will be responsible for setting up and delivering each automated data flow package, by delivering a range of technical solutions, including code development, testing, implementation and sign off.
Job Role and Responsibilities;
· Design and deliver core EDI/ETL processes to bring data into a range of systems, including an Azure DataWarehouse, local MS SQL databases, proprietary IFS systems and the Inchcape Fleet Solutions ERP platform
· Ensure that each data flow has robust audit, data validation, error handling, monitoring and reporting steps to ensure accuracy and completeness of loaded data at all times
· Ensure that all solutions adhere to IFS data governance and other policies (ISO Quality, security etc)
· Ensure that Design Standards are adhered to and a high standard of quality is achieved in delivery
· Provide accurate effort estimates to the BI Manager and project teams as appropriate
· Provide accurate and regular updates of progress, including proactive notification of slippages or problems
· Deliver testing support including the design and execution and documentation of test scripts
· Direct Engagement with Clients and Suppliers as appropriate to understand requirements and specify design of each flow.
· Support the wider IFS and BI teams as directed by the Head of BI
Skills and Experience Required;
· Proven experience of MS SQL, SSIS, SSRS, and to have been responsible for the development and design of SSIS ETL packages
· The ability to work accurately and diligently under pressure, on multiple projects within your project timeframes
· Expert knowledge of SQL, SSIS, SSRS, XML, HTML, api languages (soap etc)
· Previous experience of documenting and following specifications and challenging business logic where appropriate
· Experience of developing EDI data flows and technologies. A demonstrable understanding of the core principles and technologies leveraged to deliver robust solutions is essential
· Understanding of IT Security and Risks
· Superb knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Project etc
· Microsoft VBA would be an advantage
· Qlikview experience would be an advantage
· Power BI experience would be an advantage
· Experience in BI, Reporting, and DataWarehousing would be an advantage
Style & Culture Fit;
· Passion to learn new skills and technologies, alongside a demonstrated passion for data and BI
· Needs to be highly numerate, and have a keen eye for detail and accuracy
· Needs to be strong team player - ability to work with others and support a team ethos
· Fast learner, needs to pick up new skills/technology, and put them into practice to improve customer experience
· Strong focus on the needs of the customer, delighting our customers is priority number 1
Not only do you get to work alongside great people within Inchcape, we offer great benefits too. For your valued contribution we will provide a fantastic benefits package including;
Employee Advantage Scheme which has over 3000 retailers with 1000’s of discounted products and services.
Company pension scheme
Holiday allowance rising with length of service
Discount Gym membership
Vehicle purchase discount
Cycle to work scheme
- Web Developers
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'