Lead Automotive Material Planner
Lead Automotive Material Planner
£33000 - £37000/annum
05/09/2018 (14:00) Just Added
Do you want to work for Iconic British Automotive OEM?
We have an exciting opportunity for Lead Material planner for an British Automotive OEM based in Gaydon, Warks
The successful candidate will be responsible for lead a team of Material Planners to ensure material is available to support the build plan and any risks to supply are highlighted and resolved in a timely fashion to minimise the risk to production. To take the lead with problematic suppliers and liaise with the MP&L supplier development planner/CVE/Purchasing to develop corrective action plans and timings.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
- Liaise with aftermarket parts business to supply parts where this is commercially viable
- Manage the emergency delivery budget
- Minimise the need for direct deliveries (rather than planned pick-ups) and emergency shipments
- Recover costs incurred as a result of supplier failure back from the supply base.
- Supplier demand is forecast and communicated to the supply base; proactive discussions take place to predict and prevent issues impacting production.
- Ensure supplier performance data is captured and updated in SPRS for line stoppages, miss fits & arrears to support corrective action plans and supplier selection process.
- Issue resolution for shortages that result in the prevention of repeat issues
- Where shortages arise, swift action is taken to minimise the impact on production and solutions are communicated to all impacted stakeholders
- Obsolescence does not result from engineering changes or new model revisions / introductions
- Risks to supply continuity are identified and acted upon to minimise the impact to production.
- arts are available to meet minimum safety stock levels
- Lead a team of Material Planners that ensure;
Key Performance Indicators:
- Under emergency delivery budget
- Value of obsolescence related to model changes, engineering changes and overmax stock levels
- Parts missed point of fit and line stops.
- Arrears - number of suppliers and number of parts.
- On time in full supply of parts to delivery schedule.
Qualifications & Experienc
- Degree or Higher diploma qualified or equivalent preferable.
- High degree of MS Office knowledge is essential (with emphasis on Excel).
- Automotive manufacturing experience desirable.
- Ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy, together with the ability to work accurately and efficiently, taking resourceful action during periods of considerable pressure.
- Lean Manufacturing would be an advantage.
- Use of ERP systems
- Extensive team management capability essential
- Extensive material planning experience essential
If you want to know more about this exciting opportunity please applt TODAY
We will process your CV and personal information to assess your suitability for the role. If we wish to consider you further, we will register your personal information in our database and contact you. We may contact you from time to time about other relevant roles. Your personal information will be securely held. For more information please refer to our privacy notice, a copy of which can be found on our website. - Select Engineering Limited.
- material planner
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'