Lead Architect (Micro-services, API Management)
Located in the heart of Silicon Roundabout in London is an opportunity to work alongside some of the world’s most innovative brands as their Lead Architect focusing on microservices and API management and authorisation. They are looking for a Lead Architect to help them build the best real-time logistic platform for our customers, controllers and couriers. Being the Lead Architect means improving and scaling their core allocation system, using machine learning to optimise the allocation of jobs to couriers. Your primary responsibility as a Lead Architect will be to lead key areas of architecture and design of the micro-services powering our platform and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of our infrastructure. A commitment to collaborative problem solving and product quality is essential.
As the Lead Architect, the business will give you the opportunity to work with leading edge techniques and algorithms and use CI/CD to deliver quickly from idea to production and see your ideas in action. Working with the largest sameday courier in the world allows us to see our platform used at scale and the volume of jobs provides the opportunity for new optimisations to best match the demand from customers to the supply of couriers, all in realtime as new orders come in.
You will be able to bring your strong Lead Architech experience in distributed systems engineering at scale to the challenges of matching realtime supply and demand at scale.
* Take the lead in addressing key areas of architecture and design for our new platform
* Tackle the hard problems of allowing the platform to scale and optimising the micro-services interactions
* Propose best practice in development
* Proactively address technical issues to support new features on the platform
* Hands-on, highly technical with strong experience in distributed systems engineering
Skills and qualifications:
* Good understanding of Service Oriented Architecture and large scale Micro-Services
* Experience in Golang
* Understanding of what it takes to build highly available, horizontally scalable distributed systems
* Good knowledge of HTTP, Caching and RESTfulAPI design
* Experience of automated testing and dedication to building quality code
* Experience with Schemaless/NoSQL databases such as Dynamo, Cassandra or CouchDB
* Extensive knowledge of AWS products and services
* Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
(Lead Architect (Micro-services, API Management)
- API development
- Distributed Systems
- Machine Learning
- Technical Architecture