Brewster Pratap Engineering Division are working in partnership with an international Engineering business who supply a range of services predominantly to the rail industry, based in Sheffield.
They are looking to recruit a Lead Applications Engineer who will responsible for leading the successful application of Friction management solutions in Europe based on customer requirements.
The Applications Lead will mentor their team to work closely with the sales teams, project management and Engineering teams to deliver the technical solution for projects.
As Lead Applications Engineer you will:
- Lead the European applications team
- Investigate product and solution failures, rectify them and analyse trends
- Develop the deepest understand of products and solutions
- Take part in the continuous improvement process
- Plan, undertake and report on field trials as appropriate
- Work with Sales and Engineering to create a solution that will meet the customer requirements
- Identify and manage technical risks for the proposed solution
- Ensure that the system sign off criteria are understood and agreed with the customer at the start of the project (possibly test specification)
- By close co-operation with all teams, help forecast sales, future opportunities, costs, duration and resource capacity.
- Work with the project manager to scope and cost any technical changes (variations)
- Identify dependencies (customer and internal) with the project manager for the design, build and test
- Communicate the customer requirements to the design engineers clearly and accurately so that the design is created right first time
- Ensure designs go through the correct review processes.
- Ensure that solutions are being built to the customer requirements
- Ensure the successful installation and commissioning of systems
- Support the engineers with the installation and commissioning where needed
- Attend customer meetings as the applications expert
- Provide technical input to each of the business functions as required
The business are looking for someone with:
- 4-5 year mechanical engineering experience
- Experience of team leading
- Excellent communication skills and able to negotiate with both internal and external stakeholders
- Able to work under pressure
- Engineering qualification - HNC or HND
- Able to travel both in the UK and abroad for customer meetings, installations and commissioning
In return the company can offer a strong remuneration package and chance to progress within a thriving business.
Brewster Pratap Engineering is a division of the Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group focusing on the recruitment of talent in engineering, technical and operations jobs in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of accountancy and finance recruitment we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.brewsterpratap.co.uk for more information on engineering Jobs, engineering recruitment, manufacturing Jobs or manufacturing Recruitment.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job