Lead Analytical Development Scientist
Up to £29,000 per annum
My client, a pharmaceutical company based in North Wales, is looking to recruit a Lead Analytical Development Scientist to deliver robust analytical methods within projected timelines.
The purpose of this job is to provide analytical support and potentially the project management of drug substance development projects from early phase through to clinical filings. The role will involve liaising with both internal clients and external collaborators and duties may include providing direct analytical support to process chemists, developing and validating analytical methods and providing technical support to in-market Active pharmaceutical ingredients. The role will also involve the authoring of key analytical documents such as Analytical Testing Plans and method/validation protocols.
Key responsibilities of the Lead Analytical Development Scientist are:
* To ensure projects are delivered to a high standard of quality and technically
* To perform pre-method development activities to improve on protocol and method development timelines.
* To deliver scientifically sound method development protocols.
* To deliver robust analytical methods in accordance with project timescales and deadlines.
* To act as a Lead in the scientific support of those methods
* To write and assist in the production of development reports.
* To participate in client facing meetings as and when required by Technical
* To coordinate and deliver high quality training to junior staff
* To perform analytical investigations and analytical problem solving, including timely completion of CAPA
The ideal candidate for the Lead Analytical Development Scientist will have:
* A BSc or equivalent in Chemistry or related subject
* Significant experience in HPLC/UPLC analysis and method development is preferential
* Knowledge and experience within a pharmaceutical product and chemical development environment and an understanding of the drug development process would be desirable.
If you would like to join an expanding pharmaceutical company and are an experienced senior scientist with a good understanding of method development please apply now!
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
- HPLC Method development; ICH; GMP