We are Argos, the UK’s leading multi-channel retailer. So, whether you’re shopping online, from our smart phone app or popping into one of over 840 stores across the UK you’ll probably know that the service, value and variety we offer our customers is awesome - and the same goes for a career at Argos too! At Argos, the great digital transformation is under way. It’s our aim to become the digital market leader in choice, value and convenience, so our Finance teams are more important to us now than ever before. They’re the people who provide support across the business and help make the crucial decisions that will allow us to develop into a leading digital retailer.
The Business Protection Team is part of our Finance structure and provides proactive support to mitigate operational risk and reduce losses to help maximise profits. The Team focus on the provision of Insight, Assurance and Innovation whilst Protecting our brand, customers and colleagues from crime and the threat of crime. The Inform team is responsible for the development and maintenance of both financial and commercial reporting to drive improved quality decision making and provide insight to the wider Business Protection team to support effective solutions to reduce /mitigate risk and maximise business profit.
In a nutshell the Lead Analyst/Inform Manager is responsible for leading a team of six centralised resources including Finance Manager, Collation Specialists, Insight Analyst and Crime Analysts, plus Project Support who support the Business Protection team with both strategic and tactical insight. The team will use contemporary tools and technology that will provide data analytics and insights to prevent risk and provide assurance. The role will bring best practice data analytics and help grow a team which will increasingly support a wide range of key areas to enable the delivery and continuous improvement of end to end financial and commercial analytical data.
What I need to do?
- Support the Senior Management Team to provide insightful analytical approach to the provision of, assurance and identification of risk.
- Act as the data champion for key stakeholders of the business including Finance, Retail, Distribution and Business Protection.
- Build and implement a data analytics framework and prioritisation process that minimises risks and aligns
- With the vision and objectives of the business.
- Provide leadership to ensure adherence with all external and internal Compliance and Regulatory requirements; including a governance framework around data.
- Lead improvement initiatives and the implementation of internal & external best practices to improve the effectiveness of analytics outputs including:
- Delivering financial/commercial analytical tools in collaboration with partners to improve business insight which enables us to minimise operational risk.
- To use tools and information provided to lead effective risk focussed change
- To apply a "loss lens" to business change projects
- Driving a continuous improvement and agile culture to ensure analysis and reporting meets all business needs
- Deliver insights which provide productive action / improved business performance
How I will succeed:
- By leading and motivating a high performance team of finance and analytics professionals at various skills levels
- By effectively interpreting data and identification of areas of concern. Making data accessible and understandable for operational partners
- Deliver best in class analytics that enables the business to make quick and effective decisions
- Experience in using systems that support financial accounting and reporting processes (e.g. Lawson, Essbase, SQL and other reporting, visualisation and analytics tools)
- Inspire and proactively engage key stakeholders in the prioritisation of risk and loss issues through your ability to influence and challenge professionally
- A track record of driving value creation and continuous improvement
- Strong planning and prioritisation skills
What I need to know:
- High level understanding of data analytics and techniques
- Able to implement innovative strategies within an ever changing business environment
- Broad data analytics experience.
- An ability to lead teams and project manage the implementations of new systems and processes to drive improvement
- Knowledge of SQL
- Strong commercial acumen and business partnering skills
- Ability to present complex information in a simplified manner
- Strong analytical skills, Excel & Power point skills and attention to detail
- Sound coaching, team leadership and development skills
- Track record of value creation
- Analytical Skills