Lead Accountant, Coventry
Are you looking to work for an organisation with aims and ambitions beyond that of satisfying shareholders? We are a membership organisation, and everything we do is focused on our members and investing back in their Club.
However, with a turnover above c£60m, over half a million members and up to 800 employees seasonally we're definitely not a small operation; although our culture still retains a friendly, 'family' feel. Being a not-for-profit gives us a different approach from purely commercial organisations, corporate hierarchies and unnecessary red tape aren’t part of our make-up.
Our Finance Department is looking to recruit a Qualified Lead Accountant. The role will support a Finance Manager and wider Finance Team in providing a 'customer service’ focused approach to the organisation. The role leads a team of two Accountants and two Assistant Accountants.
Main duties will include:
- Providing accurate and timely management accounts on a monthly basis
- Maintain and analyse budgets as well as report on budget vs actual cost
- Lead on the production of group statuary accounts
- Analyse variances against the budget, and previous year’s, figures
- Take ownership of the balance sheet, monitoring the reconciliation of individual accounts, and actively managing the balances Maintain the fixed asset registers and provide monthly capital expenditure reports
- Prepare the financial statements for the Club and its subsidiaries, liaising with auditors and tax advisors
- Prepare, review and submit the quarterly VAT returns for each entity, ensuring any VAT payments are made promptly to HMRC
- Taking responsibility for maintaining accurate financial reports as required
Applicants should possess the following skills/experience:
- A professional Accountancy Qualification
- Experience of leading on Audits
- The ability to produce management accounts
- Proficiency in providing monthly and annual financial and management information
- Experience of preparing consolidated Group accounts.
- Staff management or mentoring
It would be beneficial if applicants had working knowledge of Great Plains accounting systems.
The Camping and Caravanning Club is a fantastic place to work. With a supportive, dedicated team and customer focused attitude, generous annual leave entitlement and free parking among our benefits.
If you are interested in applying please send in your CV together with a covering letter including salary expectation.
- Management Accountant
- Qualified Accountant
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'