This is an exciting opportunity within our client's highly talented and experienced art department for a Lead 2D/UI Artist.
Reporting to the Art Director, you will be working on an established AAA Title for Next Gen Consoles and PC platforms. The role encompasses leading a talented team through the exciting and challenging demands of an AAA product from conception through to completion. Planning and managing the needs of the team while balancing the commercial needs of the business and delivering on time.
Main Duties and responsibilities:
- Able to create UI/2D style guides.
- Effectively manage a team of 2D Artists.
- Maintain the art vision and style set out by the Art Director.
- Inspire the art team in driving UI art and tech forward.
- Front end, Menu, Game Controls, interface design.
- With the Art Director, perform regular appraisals, reviews and objective setting for the 2D team.
- Assist with recruitment and selection of staff for own team.
- Liaise with external service providers if required.
- Prepare and monitor task schedules for the 2D team.
- Define and enforce good working practices based on the project’s scope and resources.
- Monitor and coordinate dependencies between different departments.Required:
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash.
- At least 1+ shipped title in a Lead position and a very strong UI portfolio.
- Extensive game development experience.
- Management and project planning experience.
- Recruitment/interviewing experience.
- Excellent communications skills to work with other departments.
- Strong passion for games.
- Excellent understanding of production procedures and software employed in the team.
- Good interpersonal and motivational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Able to manage, plan and organise time.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines at all levels.
- Ability to manage the demands of numerous people and tasks.
- Team leadership qualities and a team player.
- Game Development
- 2d artist
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job