Evolving regulations, increasing capital constraints, liquidity concerns and the growing demand for transparency are among the many challenges our clients face. These challenges require new thinking and new solutions. BNY Mellon Markets can help clients access capital, financing and liquidity through our suite of foreign exchange, securities finance, collateral management and segregation, capital markets, liquidity and prime brokerage services.
With over 1000 employees across three continents and $3 trillion in inventory of lendable assets for securities lending (as of December 2016), we pride ourselves on offering clients trading, financing, liquidity and collateral solutions by offering innovative services, market insight, industry expertise and scalable technology and deliver services. We bring together our experts, technology and operational strengths to offer effective solutions that help our clients manage their risk, capital and liquidity needs.
- Under moderate guidance, works with internal and external datasets and client reference data and provides analysis in the development statistical, financial and/or econometric models for analyzing asset performance, securities data, derivative pricing, risk exposure or other sophisticated concepts.
- Provides analytical support and prepares drafts of standard and ad hoc reports for assigned area. With moderate guidance, supports assigned area with more advanced statistical and quantitative analyses.
- Serves as resource to less experienced colleagues.
- Runs models, looks for exceptions, takes corrective action. Uses technology tools to conduct analyses. Applies techniques such as SQL and querying and macro development to extract data for populating models.
- Has a good understanding of the relevant processes and products in assigned area and which analyses, methodologies and approaches best support assessment of performance, risk, or valuation.
- Interprets findings and prepares initial drafts of standard reports. Prepares ad-hoc reports at the request of managers and/or other leaders.
- Translates complex technical concepts and analyses to non-technical audiences.
- Reviews accuracy of reports and calculations performed by less experienced colleagues. No direct reports. Provides guidance to more junior analysts.
- Primarily responsible for the accuracy and quality of own work. Work contributes to the achievement of team goals.
- Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced degree in quantitative analysis preferred.
- Extensive experience in quantitative finance and technology preferred.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: careers.
As our clients address evolving liquidity, risk and collateral eligibility needs as a result of changing regulations, Global Collateral Services helps them move collateral where and when they need it.
Backed by modern technology and multi-dimensional thinking, we're ready to deliver the expertise, products and services institutional investors and intermediaries need as they address their collateral, liquidity and securities financing needs. Our innovative, insight-driven solutions help our clients, whether on the buy-side or the sell-side, improve the way they manage their collateral, engage in more investment opportunities to help maximize their investment returns and access new financing alternatives.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Global Markets
Internal Jobcode: 70126
Organization: Securities Finance-HR10447
Requisition Number: 1715112
Tags: EFC:EMEA: 2-I
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job