LCV & HGV Hire and Fleet Manager
£45k - £50k plus benefits
Welwyn Garden City
This is a newly created role within the Fleet Solutions team. The Fleet Solutions team is responsible for all the different elements of the Light Commercial Vehicles (LCV) and Heavy Goods Vehicles (HGV) hire function. The fleet consists of circa 3000 vehicles (both directly owned and externally sourced) which are hired to internal group companies across the UK.
Managing the LCV/HGV hire / fleet team of 4 as well as being a hands-on 'doer’, the LCV & HGV Hire and Fleet Manager’s responsibilities will include the following:
- Receiving all on hire/off hire calls/e mails and managing the end-to-end hire process and all related administration
- Driver services
- Liaising with preferred suppliers
- Administration relating to receiving new vehicles and the defleet of end of life vehicles,
- Managing short / medium term external hires and maximising utilisation of the LCV/HGV fleet, including chasing down vehicles that are off road, driving licence
- The effective and accurate input / management of the fleet management and hire systems
- Other administration including operator’s licence notification, fuel cards, congestion charging, driving licence checking, vehicle telematics
Is a large-scale fleet services operator providing a wide range of services to an equally large-scale customer base. They have grown significantly both organically and through acquisition and are creating career opportunities for hard-working fleet professionals. The financial performance of the LCV/HGV hire fleet has a key part to play in achieving company targets through the efficient management of processes /suppliers and the full utilisation of the LCV/HGV hire fleet.
You have a track record of successful delivery in the hire management of a large LCV/HGV vehicle fleet and a good knowledge of these vehicle types and an understanding of the relevant legislation. You also have experience of successfully motivating and managing a team. You are a highly effective communicator with a can do attitude and a commitment to excellence in customer service. You are able to prioritise and are highly organised with an ability to multi-task as this is a multi-faceted role with a number of work streams all running concurrently at all times. Ultimately you have a passion to deliver great quality and consistently accurate delivery both individually and from your team.
- Customer Service
- Fleet Services
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job