A great opportunity for a Scientist with extensive experience in LCMS and HPLC to move into a customer-focused Applications Specialist/Technical Support Specialist role OR for an experienced sales representative or applications specialist, looking for a new challenge and to develop their career at an exciting time of expansion.
TERRITORY: UK (working as part of a team of 6 to cover the region)
PRODUCTS: HPLC and LCMS product range including the associated software packages.
CUSTOMERS: Academic, Research, Pharmaceutical, Environmental, Clinical Laboratories
- Supporting the continued growth of the company's LCMS businesses
- To support the pre and post sales process to help the company achieve and exceed the sales targets for the product lines, providing at all times an excellent l level of support, technical expertise and product knowledge.
- Present the company as the leading solution supplier at external meetings.
- To develop new applications in response to customer or market demand.
- Maintain and grow a knowledge of competitor solutions and identify & promote the unique selling points of our own solutions.
- Take the tools and products which the company manufacture and use them creatively to produce customer solutions.
- Presenting Product and Application specific information at external conferences/meetings.
- Attending product specific meetings and maintaining positive relationships with support teams to maintain and grow technical knowledge of Liquid Chromatography
- Supporting the UK Sales Team in providing technically accurate and application appropriate quotations in a timely manner.
- Providing customer training and technical telephone support post Installation
- Make field visits to existing customers as well as prospective customers in order ensure customer success
- Strong preference for candidates qualified to MSc or PhD level with a significant emphasis on chromatography. Significant experience in chromatography may be accepted as an alternative to MSc or PhD
- Demonstrable deep understanding of the theory and practise of HPLC and UHPLC, LCMS and understanding of Mass Spectrometry.
- Excellent communication, organisational and listening skills
- Preference is given for significant experience gained in a commercial/instrument manufacturer role in a sales or support capacity.
- An ability to work effectively and efficiently without close supervision.
- Willingness to travel and spend time away from home, including European travel when required
- Technical Support
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job