A great opportunity for a Scientist with extensive experience in Liquid or Gas Chromatography to move into a customer-focused Applications Specialist role OR for an experienced sales representative or applications specialist, looking for a new challenge and to develop their career at an exciting time of expansion!
There are 2 current vacancies:
- Senior LC / LCMS Technical Specialist
- Senior GC / GCMS Applications Specialist
TERRITORY: UK Wide (working as part of a wider team to cover the geography)
PRODUCTS: Liquid Chromatography / Gas Chromatography / Mass Spectrometry product range including the associated software packages.
The role will involve extensive travel and overnight stays or 1-2 night per week maximum.
- Supporting the continued growth of the company's LC and LCMS / GC and GCMS businesses
- To support the pre and post Sales process to help the company achieve and exceed the Sales targets for the product lines, providing at all times an exceptional level of support, technical excellence and superior product knowledge.
- To present the company as the leading solution supplier at external meetings.
- To develop new applications in response to customer or market demand.
- To maintain and grow a knowledge of competitor solutions and identify & promote the unique selling points of our own solutions.
- Take the tools and products which the company manufacture and use them creatively to produce customer solutions. - Presenting Product and Application specific information at external conferences/meetings.
- Attending product specific meetings and maintaining positive relationships with support teams to maintain and grow technical knowledge of the products
- Supporting the UK Sales Team in providing technically accurate and application appropriate quotations in a timely manner.
- Providing customer training and technical telephone support Post Installation
- Make field visits to existing Customers as well as prospective Customers in order ensure customer success
Strong preference for candidates qualified to MSc or PhD level with a significant emphasis on chromatography. Significant experience in chromatography may be accepted as an alternative to MSc or PhD
Demonstrable deep understanding of the theory and practise of the applications - GC / GCMS, LC / LCMS, or HPLC
Strong preference is given for significant experience gained in a commercial/instrument manufacturer role in a sales or support capacity. However, commercially focused scientists with the right technical background, who are keen to move into a technical specialist role will be considered.
An ability to work effectively and efficiently without close supervision.
Willingness to travel and spend a significant amount of time away from home, including European travel when required
- Gas Chromatography
- Technical Support