Layout Engineer, Plymouth, To £35 per hour LTD
Our engineering client urgently requires a Layout Engineer for an initial 3 month contract in Plymouth. This is a temporary role that may have an opportunity to go permanent.
Main Purpose of Role
The primary purpose of the Layout Engineer is to capture the output from the technical design packages into an overall Facility layout that provides the functional capability in line with the requirements. This will involve:
* Interfacing with the Operations & Integration Lead to translate activity sequences into a Facility layout that aids operational efficiency;
* Interfacing with the Engineering Leads to gather system information to spatially co-ordinate buildings, equipment, services, transport routes etc. resolving any clashes that may arise during the design development;
* Ensuring that Health and Safety requirements are inherent within the layout development and the ability to show how these have been met by the deign output.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competences
The candidate should have experience in:
* Developing spatial layouts for docks, buildings, plant rooms, equipment etc.;
* Using CAD and / or 3D modelling to clearly articulate design information;
* The use of BIM would be desirable.
This role reports to the Operations & Integration Manager.
Minimum HNC/HND in STEM related subject; However, a Degree in a STEM subject (or working towards) preferential.
Preferably working towards Incorporated or Chartered Engineer status.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'