Law Teacher - Further Education
Long term Law Teacher required for local school at A Level.
Are you a Qualified Law Teacher looking for a long term teaching post? Hays Education are currently recruiting for a Qualified Law Teacher to work in a long term post.
Daily duties and responsibilities:
- Responsibility of full class teaching
- Preparing the classroom before lesson time - making sure all equipment and resources are ready for the pupils.
- Maintaining positive behaviour management strategies.
- Marking and monitoring pupils' work and set targets for progress; assess and record pupils' progress systematically and keep records to check work is understood and completed, monitor strengths and weaknesses, inform planning and recognise the level at which the pupil is achieving.
- Provide feedback to parents on a pupil progress.
- Keep up-to-date with current educational thinking/best practice by attending relevant In-Service Training.
- Take part in school events and activities.
- Have qualified teacher status (QTS)
Key Skills and Qualities:
- An ability to get on with children and other adults
- Flexibility - things can happen unexpectedly in classrooms/schools and you need to be able to cope with the pace.
- To be able to use your own initiative.
- Patience and understanding - all children will occasionally try your patience and some children need constant understanding.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills.
- ICT skills - not essential but increasingly important to support pupils' learning.
- Tact and sensitivity - when dealing with pupils, their parents.
- Being a team player - in a school you will be part of a large team who need to share ideas and information as well as accepting advice, you will need a good working relationship with the teacher and other TAs and be sensitive to their needs.
The successful candidate will be highly skilled with the ability to adapt well to the various year groups in which they will be placed. They should also be hard working and willing to work on their own initiative as well as part of the friendly teaching team.
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for the successful applicant. Benefits of the post include a competitive daily rate. For further information about this role or about other teaching vacancies in the Teesside and Durham LA areas, please click apply.
REFER A FRIEND AND GAIN £250
If you know of any TA's, Primary/Secondary teachers in the Teesside and Durham LA area that are looking for work then refer a friend to Hays Education and we'll reward you with £250 gift vouchers..
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job