Experienced Law Cost Draftsperson to join the team of well-established law firm in North Leeds. The purpose of this role is to provide costs negotiation following payment of damages in all areas of the Firm, but predominantly Personal Injury.
You will need to have at least 2 years experience in drafting and negotiating legal costs and experience of handling own caseload.
You will need experience in:
- Drafting Bills
- Drafting Schedules of Costs
- Drafting Estimates of Cost
- Drafting Statements of Costs for Summary Assessment
- Drafting Precedent H documents
- Negotiating Adverse Costs
- Drafting Points of Dispute and Points in Response
- Negotiating costs
- Conduct Part 8 Cost Proceedings
- Be able to work with paper files and a Paperless case system
- Progress a cost file from Drafting the Bill through to Provisional and/or Detailed Assessment.
You will need to have a very good understanding of the CPR, but in particular all costs rules, Part 7 litigation and Part 8 litigation. You must be IT literate and be able to draft Bills using Excel format. An understanding of the Case Management System Proclaim is also helpful, but not a requirement.
- Minimum 2 years experience drafting and negotiating legal costs
- Minimum 2 years experience handling own caseload
- Good understanding of the CPR
- Be IT literate and able to draft bills using Excel
- Understanding of the case management system Proclaim advantageous
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job