Do you have proven experience working within an Engineering / Commercial laundry role? Passionate and driven but lack challenge in your current role? If the answer is YES, our client are recruiting and they want to hear from you!
They understand that their staff are key to their success and they are dedicated to supporting each and every person in their role. As a business, they will endeavour to provide you with opportunities to develop yourself and pursue a rewarding and exciting career with us.
Due to continued success and growth, they are now looking to recruit an enthusiastic and organised Laundry Engineer to join their team at Sinclairs Laundry, Edmonton, N18. This is a full time role working 5 out 6 days, 37.5hrs per week.
Who are they looking for?
As their ideal Laundry Engineer, you will be able to demonstrate a good knowledge of Electrical Engineering and proven experience within a similar role. You will also require experience / knowledge of:
- City & Guilds Electrical Installations (17th Edition)
- City & Guilds (or equivalent) Mechanical Qualification
- Proven experience Managing/supervising others
Rewards & Benefits
In return for your hard work as their Laundry Engineer you will be entitled to a great range of benefits including:
- Staff discounts
- Training and Development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 28 Days Annual Leave Entitlement (pro rata)
What will I be responsible for?
Joining their team as a Laundry Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Fault finding, service and repair of laundry machines.
- Develop and implement maintenance schedule for all laundry machines.
- Manage and carry on with the Preventive and Corrective Maintenance Plan.
- Manage the Preventive Maintenance Plan with external suppliers.
- Undertake routine and running repairs in a timely manner.
- Liaise with suppliers and other external parties when necessary.
- Maintain records of electrical / mechanical breakdown.
- Pro-actively advise on potential H&S issues arising from the Laundry’s engineering structure.
- Maintain adherence to the Company’s H&S policies and procedures.
- Provide senior management with data and recommendations on a regular basis.
- Fill in the daily log book and the Maintenance books for all the machinery and installations.
- Organize the staff under his/her command to cover the production time.
- Manage the daily log book of the staff under his/her command.
- Guaranty provisions of chemicals, salt, and other supplies.
- Carry out a yearly inventory of the tools and spare parts.
- Maintain the office, workshops and engineering areas in good conditions.
Leadership and Management Responsibilities
- Lead and manage Assistant Laundry Engineer for day-to-day duties and tasks.
- Coordinate rota for Laundry Engineering team with Laundry Manager.
- Conduct all people management activities relating to Assistant Laundry Engineer, including sickness absence management, performance management and leave allocation/approval.
- Ensure adherence to the Company’s H&S policies and procedures by Assistant Laundry Engineer.
- Ensure adherence to the Company general policies and procedures by Assistant Laundry Engineer.
- Manage and pro- actively seek to reduce energy and utility consumption.
- Prioritise tasks to ensure minimum impact on productivity.
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role of Laundry Engineer, please click APPLY below to register your interest!
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.