We are currently recruiting for a Laundry Assistant. Are you warm and welcoming and thrive in clean and tidy environment? If you do then you may wish to consider joining our laundry team to provide an efficient and effective laundering service for the home. As one of the largest healthcare providers in the UK it’s important to us to couple great care with meaningful and enjoyable experiences.
As a Laundry Assistant you will be:
- Carrying out all laundering duties including safely storing dirty laundry, sorted into appropriate wash loads
- Washing, dry and iron all bed linen, table linen and towels which are Home property and personal clothing belonging to residents
- Ensuring the linen cupboard is well stocked and tidy
- Assisting with the general cleanliness of the Laundry area including air filters and equipment
- Ensuring that Company Policy on Infection Control is adhered to at all times with regard to soiled linen.
- Able to ensure that Company Policy on Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) is adhered to at all times.
- Take linen and clothes to store, or residents’ rooms as required, hanging or placing residents’ items neatly. Ensuring systems for the identification and correct return of personal clothing are effective
- Keeping records of any damage to items whilst in the laundry and reporting the condition of residents’ clothing to enable replacements to be purchased as necessary.
- Ensuring equipment, chemicals and cleaning products are stored safely and securely, during and after use.
To succeed you will be
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Happy to work under your own initiative in a fast paced environment
- Polite and courteous
- A team player who engages well with others and accepting of instructions from other colleagues
- Willing to positively contribute towards enhancing the quality and service levels for all service users
- Able to be adaptive and flexible to cover a range of responsibilities at short notice
- Have knowledge of Health and Safety, particularly Moving and Handling techniques, Fire Safety and COSHH assessments
If you possess these qualities then experience of working as a Laundry Assistant isn’t necessary. We provide you with excellent learning, development and support opportunities, to equip you with the knowledge and skills to make a real difference in the role.
We offer you a great range of benefits, which include:
- Competitive salary
- Excellent holidays plus bank holidays
- Various shifts available including working 3 days on and 4 days off
- Refer a Friend scheme of £150 (unlimited referrals)
- Free meals
- Access to excellent training
- Career development opportunities
- Discounts and benefits suited to your lifestyle
- Free onsite parking
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'