Do you want to work in a luxurious, modern care home where you can contribute to giving residents the highest quality of life? Are you looking for a job where you can develop and grow in your role? Do you want to combine your passion for housekeeping with the ability to making a real difference to the lives of our residents? Is being valued for what you do important?
At Signature we provide exceptional levels of person-centered care to our residents so we only want to recruit the best staff for our communities.
About the Role
The Laundry Assistant is responsible for performing laundry functions in order to create a safe secure and inviting environment for our residents, families and team members while meeting and exceeding Signature quality standards.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Collect, clean and redistribute the home's laundry and residents' clothing.
- Sort washing, dry and iron linen and residents' clothing to a high standard at all times, adhering to the washing and ironing instructions on the garments.
- Fold, count and stack linen in an organised manner.
- Routinely inspect linen for wear and tear, and report this to the Housekeeping Manager/ Supervisor.
- Ensure that machinery and chemicals are handled according to risk assessments and COSHH.
This is an important and valued role within the Company so we are looking for someone who is responsible, conscientious and enthusiastic.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Good time management skills
- Organisational skills with a structured approach
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Able to work on own initiative as well as in a team
- Caring compassionate attitude
- Able to make responsible choices and decisions, and act in the residents' best interests
- Desire to work in care
- Previous experience in housekeeping desireable
Able to work independently to complete the assigned tasks
About our Benefits.
Here at Signature we recognise that extra special efforts should not go unrewarded and that is why we provide a number of special incentives and bonuses that can be earned throughout your time working for the company.
These benefits listed below are in place in order to reward our staff for their continual hard work:
- Competitive pension scheme
- Free uniforms that are attractive and practical
- Free eye care tests and options for funding towards future spectacles if required
- Cycle to work scheme
- Savings on Childcare
- Refer a friend and get a cash bonus
- Study support
- Holiday discounts
- A variety of motor related offers
- Life Insurance
About the Company.
Signature is delivering a new standard of nursing homes in the UK. Signature is a unique and inspiring group of homes, where care and lifestyle go hand in hand. These homes offer residents a relaxing, safe environment where they can enjoy comfort, companionship, independence - and their own front door.
Signatures vision is "delivering peace of mind", peace of mind for the residents that they will be cared for and supported within our homes to live safe and fulfilled lives. Peace of mind of their families knowing that their loved ones are being well cared for and peace of mind for our employees knowing that they will be trained and provided with development opportunities to continue to build their capabilities to enable them to be the best they can be.
Signature is also featured in the London Stock Exchange (LSE) 1000 companies to inspire Britain, an annual celebration of some of the fastest growing and most dynamic small and medium sized enterprises!
Sound like a company you would like to work for? Then what are you waiting for, click apply today and let's get started!
- Housekeeping / Laundry Assistant
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job