Laundry Assistant – The Hilling, St Neots, Cambs
25hours per week
When we launched Healthcare Homes in 2005, our main objectives were to create an environment where residents receive the highest standards of care; where dignity is respected; where talents and interests are encouraged; and where life is lived to its fullest potential.
We have remained 100% focused to these objectives, and today continue to deliver the highest quality residential and nursing care to all residents who live in any one of our 35 homes across the South East.
Healthcare Homes prides itself on providing a warm and homely environment for the people we support, and our Housekeeping Team is vital to us achieving this. This is a role that is central to the daily lives of the people we support and their families, so a caring nature and good people skills are essential alongside a practical ability.
As part of our laundry team you’ll launder and iron residents’ clothing to the highest standards. We don't ask for any formal qualifications, but you will be at the very heart of our industry so you are expected to be reliable, dependable and committed to making a difference in our care homes.
The Hillings is a purpose built residential home in Eaton Socon, Cambridgeshire, comprising of a number of attractive wings arranged around well stocked courtyard gardens. In a quiet residential area, The Hillings is easy to find for visitors and guests yet tucked away at the end of a peaceful cul-de-sac where rest and relaxation are guaranteed. Surrounding the home is an area of lawn where residents can walk or, during good weather, sit under the shade of the trees. The courtyard gardens are stocked with colourful shrubs and plants that give year-round interest, particularly to those that have a love of gardening, making it one of the most attractive residential homes in Cambridgeshire.
- Carry out all cleaning duties as directed by the Head Housekeeper to the required Company standards. Cleaning duties can be in any area of the nursing home.
- Ensure that daily and deep cleaning schedules are adhered to.
- Maintain a high standard of personal presentation and hygiene.
- Ensure that all cleaning equipment is correctly and safely used and kept in a safe condition. Report any defect to the Home Manager.
- Carry out any other reasonable instructions of the Home Manager.
- To be sensitive to the privacy and individual needs of the residents.
- To comply with COSHH regulations.
- To adhere to infection control polices at all times.
- To ensure the correct use of PPE.
- To follow the correct use of colour code systems within the home
- Carry out other ad hoc duties as requested by the Head Housekeeper or Home Manager.
- To ensure all necessary documentation is completed daily.
- To ensure trolleys are re-stocked at the end of shift and cleaning cupboards are left clean and tidy
Skills & Experience
- Previous cleaning experience
- Ability to communicate on the telephone
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Able to carry out instructions accurately.
- A knowledge of health and safety
- An understanding of infection control
- Flexible and reliable attitude to working arrangements
- Committed to customer care and first-class service provision
- Ability to work alone as well as part of a team
- Adaptable, friendly, polite, courteous and caring
This position will involve alternative weekends. There are flexible hours in the evenings.
This is a fantastic time to join Healthcare Homes, as we continue to grow and develop our services. If you have the unique qualities required for this exciting role and want to work with an organisation that provides the type of care you’d expect for your loved ones, we would welcome your application.
The successful Laundry Assistant will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check
Healthcare Homes is an equal opportunities employer and regulated by CQC.