Are you looking for a new opportunity as a Launch Controller? Have you got a background in high volume (preferably automotive) manufacturing? If your answer is yes, then this role is for you!
A fantastic new opportunity has arisen to work for a prestious OEM based in the West Midlands.
The purpose of this role is to supervise within Supply Chain the successful introduction of all new model programmes and engineering changes whilst ensuring there is no disruption to the business.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Ensure Supply Chain are ready for new model launch dates, including build phases, Mission gateway reviews and other milestones.
- Ensure the smooth transition of future model engineering changes into the business.
- Accountable for projecting future model obsolescent material risk and then putting actions in place to minimise this.
- Accountable for managing a team of 6+ direct reports.
- Represent Supply Chain in all launch related meetings, ensuring all relevant parties are informed of any concerns raised and action is taken. Work with the New Model Launch Team to track build status and ensuring the correct parts are available to support the build programme.
- Develop and report out on metrics to show the progress of launch parts into the business.
- Co-ordinate the running of regular Open to Go meetings to identify issues and remove roadblocks to pre-production parts supply and Engineering changes.
- To co-ordinate production parts issues between Supply Chain Material Planners and Purchasing to ensure the correct parts are supplied for the correct build phase.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in new model launch introductions and engineering change is highly desirable.
- Experience of supervision and people processes is highly desirable.
- Ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy, together with the ability to work accurately and efficiently, taking resourceful action during periods of considerable pressure.
- Must be comfortable engaging at all levels of the organisation.
- Computer Literate essential, Microsoft Excel essential.
- Degree or Higher diploma qualified or equivalent preferable.
If this role is of interest; please click apply now.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.