Success Recruit are currently working with a Manufacturing company based in Mid Essex who are currently looking to recruit an experienced Late Shift Production Supervisor to join their expanding team, to proactively assist in the running of the warehouse, helping to achieve the future growth plans of the company.
Our client is looking for someone with strong leadership abilities who has experience working within a production management position and who can work closely alongside senior management and the day staff.
The Late Shift Production Supervisor will be expected to:
- Enforce health and safety compliance in the warehouse environment
- Ensure all KPI’s and targets are met to ensure the factory is running LEAN
- Work closely with the day senior management helping to achieve the future growth plans of the company
The Late Shift Production Supervisor will be rewarded with:
- A chance to be a part of a growing and well-established company
- A forward thinking, innovative business that genuinely cares about all of their staff
Purpose of the role:
The Late Shift Production Supervisor will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the evening shift, managing staff on split shifts. The successful candidate will work closely with the Operations Director to ensure that all factory/warehouse targets are continuously met and that honestly, confidentiality and integrity is upheld at all times.
Duties will include;
- Plan, direct and coordinate, employees engaged within production and warehouse operations
- Monitor and maintain flow of goods through production
- Prepare production schedules and estimate staffing, daily workloads and machinery requirements
- Ensure a smooth hand over from day shift to the late shift
- Communicate with customer care and procurement teams immediately should an order be delayed
- Periodically supervising all evening staff including permanent and temporary employees
- Develop process plans including people processing the required skills for the job, resources, equipment and floor space
- Support in the hiring of new staff
- Ensure all company policies and procedures including H&S are followed at all times
- Be the first point of contact for all production employee work-related issues, such as weekly timesheets and performance development reviews
- Conduct return to work interviews and investigate grievances and disciplinary matters with the support of the HR Manager
- Competent in operating machinery
- Maintain adequate security of the premises and yard
The successful Late Shift Production Supervisor will be working closely with all management teams including Human Resources. You will be expected to present strong leadership skills through upholding company standards.
Hours: Monday - Friday 15:30pm - 12:00am/12:30am - preferably 01:30am (flexible)
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000
- Lean Manufacturing
- Production Schedules