Established since 1956 and based in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, our Client are High Quality Precision Gear Manufacturers serving both the UK and Worldwide markets.
They provide complex, top quality precision gears for the Aerospace, Motor Sport & Automotive, Medical, Marine, MOD & Defence, Oil, Gas & Petrochemical, Pump Gears, Food and Commercial Industry Sectors. They manufacture custom gears on a supply, complete or gear cut basis to Customer drawings or sample specifications. They work closely with their Clients, from Concept to Product Realisation, Technical Support to full Gear Prototype and Development.
Their core capabilities include: CNC Turning, CNC Milling, CNC Grinding, CNC Gear Shaping, CNC Helical Gear Shaping, CNC Hobbing, CNC Gear Grinding Bevel Gears, Gear Inspection and Gear Design Assistance. They offer the widest possible range of gear cutting.
They now require Late Shift Inspectors to to be part of this dynamic and expanding Engineering and Manufacturing Company. The ideal Candidate will be required to support all aspects of Manufacturing and Quality.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Inspect and validate Customer parts within the Inspection Lab
- Become conversant in First Principles Inspection Methods
- Use all inspection equipment and tools including CMM, Wenzel gear checking and Zeiss
- Support the Quality Manger in his daily activity
- Take part in audits of the Department in line with audit processes (audit training to be provided)
- Assist and implement CI and Lean activities within the Quality Inspection Department 5S
- Assist to introduce and implement SFDC where identified by the Quality Planner
- Complete ISIR, First and Final Inspection and FAIR’s (software training to be provided)
- Undertake Customer and Supplier visits when applicable
- Complete PPS and 8D investigations and reports and feedback to Customers findings
- Review and action SPC data when required
- Communicate with Customers by phone and email
- Assist to maintain the Cromwell Calibration System
- Attend all Quality meetings
- Assist Quality Manager to implement SOP for daily shop floor patrol checking of high risk and standard parts and processes.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Previous Inspection and Quality Assurance experience to support the Responsibilities and Duties listed
- Must have a high level of practical experience in CNC machining methods
- Experience of LEAN Six Sigma, competencies in lean manufacturing processes, systems and associated tools
- Ability to question, challenge and make decisions based on data and facts
- Practical problem solving
- Able to read, understand and interpret engineering information
- Effective communicator at all levels both verbal and written
- IT literate - Effective use of Microsoft Office software; Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Be able to work on their own initiative
- Work as part of the management team to achieve business objectives
- A positive "can do" attitude
- Hands on approach when required
- Gears manufacturing experience beneficial
- Hours: 2.00pm - 10.15pm Monday to Friday
- Holidays: 28 days inc Bank Holidays (increasing with years of service)
- Quality Assurance