We are currently working on an exciting position for a Laser Applications Development Engineer for our client based just outside the city of Oxford.
This technical R&D company research, design and manufacture micromachining and micro deposition equipment specialising in bespoke hybrid solutions for use in a number of technical manufacturing based industries. They are well versed in laser technology and established themselves as an innovative leader in the development of new and advanced laser applications.
They have a team of about 50 people in Oxford and also have a team of 7 in Hong Kong and we are part of a large group (about 10,000 people) Hong Kong-based manufacturing group whose main business is making parts for mobile phones, tablets, laptops, etc.
Within this role, you will work within the Process Technology Group, developing new laser processing technologies to meet customer requirements for a variety of high-tech manufacturing projects. You would also work on government, EU or parent group funded projects. The working environment within the group can be high-pressured at times but also supportive and friendly with a great team spirit. The group share a passion for bringing ideas from Scientific Experiment to Engineering Reality and they boast many global customers some of whom are very well-known names.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Understanding customer of project requirements
- Setting up of Laser Systems so that requirements can be met
- Running the trial and documenting the results
- Performing application trials which may take anything from a few days to a few months depending on the complexity and size of the business opportunity
The applications engineer will be fully supported by a team of experienced and talented engineers and is a real opportunity to have creative technical input into process development and engineering systems. A key part of the role will be to develop cutting-edge technologies by understanding the interactions between light and matter and building upon the technological possibilities they yield. There will be opportunities for international travel supporting machine installations and attending project meetings.
Skills and attributes:
- Educated to Degree level in Physics or similar scientific or engineering subject
- "Hands-on" approach to working with evidence of excellent practical skills
- Outstanding organisational skills with a methodical approach and the ability to keep accurate records
- A creative thinker with the ability to think of new solutions to problems
- Excellent team player who is able to self-motivate as well as motivating within a team.
Some prior knowledge of or experience within the following would also be highly desirable:
- Experience of lasers, optics (for example as part of a degree)
- Software development (particularly Python or C#)
- Keen interest in technology
- Good presentation skills
- Further research experience (such as MSc or PhD )
This role is an excellent opportunity to join a thriving business and would suit a candidate seeking to improve their career within technical manufacturing. To apply, please send your CV to Gemma Turp today including a covering letter.
Due to the high volume of CV’s we receive on a daily basis unfortunately we are unable to provide specific feedback on each application. If you have not been contacted after two weeks from the date of your application unfortunately you may have been unsuccessful. We strive to deliver an excellent service to all of our candidates and as such, should you wish to discover the reason you may have been unsuccessful please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
Find us on Facebook, LinkedIn (Horizon Search & Selection Ltd) and Twitter (@Horizon_East) to hear about all of our latest jobs!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"