Large Corporate Business Development Manager
Reporting to: Head of UK Corporate Direct
Location: UK, Home based
Elavon is wholly owned by U.S. Bancorp (NYSE: USB) and provides end-to-end payment processing solutions and services to more than 1.3 million customers in the United States, Europe, Canada, Mexico, and Puerto Rico.
As the #1 provider for airlines and a top five provider for hospitality, healthcare, retail, and public sector/education, Elavon’s innovative payment solutions are designed to solve pain points for businesses from small to enterprise-sized.
Your career is here at Elavon
It’s an exciting time to be in the payments industry, and at Elavon, we know our company is only as strong as our people. We are constantly on the lookout for strong team members who can provide value and superior service to our customers and partners worldwide. Elavon is committed to a diverse workplace, and we celebrate the individuality of each member of our global team.
We draw strength from diversity
At Elavon, embracing diversity and fostering inclusion are business imperatives. We view everything we do through a diversity and inclusion lens to deepen our relationships with our stakeholders.
The role holder is responsible for new business sales within a vertically defined business segment within the UK focusing on Large Corporate. The person will be responsible for self generation of leads, and growing relationships with partners who will support the growth of Elavon business. The person will be responsible for achieving revenue targets, as well as support the vertical strategy.
Main Knowledge / Skills / Experience required
- Demonstrable over-achievement against target experience in a direct sales in IT/outsourcing based business-to-business marketplace in a role that is primarily focused on new business acquisition. Knowledge of the payments industry is desirable but not essential.
- Primary understanding of engaging large corporate, and apply complex sales methodology.
- Knowledge of Retail and Ecommerce is preferred.
- Engage with partners who support the payments life cycle arena.
- A willingness to accept change and the ability to maintain effectiveness in a changing environment with ability to "see the bigger picture".
Main Key Result Areas
- To achieve annual targets in respect of Revenue (called DIAOR).
- Market trends and feedback into the business of market direction within vertical
- Sell enterprise wide Elavon portfolio of products and services
- Attend internal forum for resource request and update CRM systems in support of this this.
- Forecasting and pipeline management
- Interface with other internal departments (e.g. C&R, deployment, Operations) as required
Key Performance Indicators (some examples)
- DIAOR Vs targets
- Activity levels & Conversion ratios
- Accuracy of actual Vs forecast
- Performance Vs peers
- performance Vs competitors
- Average sales cycle duration
- Customer satisfaction
- UK travel as required of the role with occasional overnight stays as required. Car allowance for sales employee is provided.
This job advert is a summary of the typical functions of the role, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of role responsibilities, tasks and duties and is subject to review.
Should you be interested in the detailed Job Description and in applying for this role, please submit a copy of your CV and covering letter by either applying directly or contacting Thanos Sarafas
This role has been identified as a Controlled Function ("CF") under the Central Bank of Ireland’s Fitness & Probity Regime.
Accordingly, the Company must be satisfied on reasonable grounds that the role holder complies at all times with the Fitness and Probity Standards.
Applicants agree to permit the Company (or its agents) to conduct such due diligence as it deems necessary to satisfy itself on reasonable grounds that you comply with the Fitness and Probity Standards and that you will provide the Company with all information and/or documentation relating to your qualifications, experience, employment history, financial soundness and other interests that the Company requests for that purpose.