Large and Listed Corporate Tax Assistant Manager
The Large and Listed tax team at Mazars Birmingham has experienced fantastic success over the last three years. The team has expanded from 2 to 10 members, building a strong reputation in the Midlands market, and more than quadrupled its fee income. The senior management members of the team are all ex-Big4 tax professionals who also have experience of working in industry in large multinational companies.
In order to build on this success we are seeking an assistant manager with a breadth of advisory experience – including international taxation:
• To help deliver advisory tax services for a portfolio of UK listed companies and overseas-owned groups, private equity backed groups and larger OMBs, UK inbound or outbound, effectively and within budget within our highly successful and rapidly growing tax department
• To assist the senior team members in delivering outstanding quality tax advisory service for our clients
• To assist with strengthening our “best in class” team and help develop the junior members of the team.
The clients of the Large and Listed Tax team tend to have operations in a number of countries, often in Europe and North America, but also in China, India, Russia and South America and would require assistance with their overall tax position, including;
1. Cross-border transactions (and expansion into new markets) (including in respect of Base Erosion and Profit Shifting and Brexit)
2. Transfer pricing (TP) and Advance Thin Capitalisation Agreements (ATCA)
3. General corporate tax advisory services
4. Group tax forecasting and reporting
5. Some management of compliance, reporting and relationships with tax authorities
We have a number of country desks (including German, Chinese and Indian) and also given that we are an integrated global firm we work on daily basis with our overseas offices to promptly provide commercial cross-border tax services and advice to our clients.
UK-only advisory assignments can include group tax planning and restructuring, large business strategy and Senior Accounting Officer advice
To assist the Large and Listed Tax Partner, Senior Managers and Managers, as well as the wider firm’s Partners and Directors with the following:
• Managing the successful delivery of international tax projects, ensuring technical excellence and providing practical solutions, including in respect of Base Erosion and Profit Shifting and Brexit;
• Understand the impact on the CFC regulations;
• Understand the taxation of foreign branches;
• Deal with withholding tax matters;
• TP work including ATCAs;
• Involvement in tax clearances and liaison with overseas offices;
• Being a point of contact with the clients’ finance directors or heads of tax, and liaise with our clients and with the Mazars’ network to develop outstanding professional relationships and introduce or supervise Mazars’ activities;
• Working with other parts of the firm, under the Mazars one Firm approach in the UK and globally, and with our audit and corporate finance teams, to support recurring accounting work and one-off transactions or projects;
• Ensure client queries are responded to effectively and promptly;
• Preparing group tax reporting and tax consolidation models under IFRS, and producing accounts disclosures;
• Identifying cross selling and business development opportunities, keeping client and prospects abreast of relevant developments and opportunities;
• Being responsible for supervising more junior staff, coaching and mentoring the team;
• Keeping other parts of the firm and/or overseas offices informed; and
• Monitoring levels of work in progress and managing the billing cycle.
• ACA and/or CTA qualified or equivalent
• Tax technical knowledge and practical knowledge of the UK Corporation tax system, able to deal with complex tax issues
• Demonstrable post-qualified tax advisory experience, International and TP and/or large business background in professional practice, in a multinational company or at HMRC
• International structuring and restructuring, international M&A and planning experience
• Able to identify tax issues and research them
• Analytical skills to evaluate options, develop recommendations, and provide advice
• Experience of identifying opportunities for business development on tax clients and across other service lines
• Maintain an in depth, up to date, knowledge of relevant aspects of taxation
• An ambitious and enthusiastic tax professional prepared to undertake a wide variety of UK and International tax work to support a fast growing department
• Proactive self-starter
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop valuable long-term relationships with clients
• Energetic and professional approach
• Excellent tax opinion and report writing skills
• Experience of developing project plans and ensuring deadlines are met
• Experience of coaching and mentoring junior members of the team
• Able to work with limited supervision and to tight deadlines
• Ability to manage a number of diverse issues and identify need for support
• Keen eye for detail
Please CLICK HERE to download our benefits booklet
Please CLICK HERE to download the job description.
Mazars is all about people – we believe that each individual makes a difference to the Mazars culture. As an international firm with strong European roots, we are a melting pot of different cultures and disciplines. Diversity is one of our main strengths.
We are an international, integrated, transparent and independent organisation specialising in audit, accountancy, tax, legal, and advisory services. The Group has a presence in 79 countries and draws on the expertise of 17,000 professionals.
We all work within a culture of high support and high challenge at Mazars. We are not afraid to take on new and greater responsibilities. But we do this through encouragement – not pressure and competition.
Mazars LLP is an equal opportunities employer and all applications received by the firm will be considered by the firm on the basis of their merit alone and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of background. All offers of employment will be conditional on the candidate having/securing the right to work in the UK and providing the firm with evidence of that right (as required by the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006) prior to employment commencing.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'