Sanctuary Maintenance provides a wide range of property maintenance and facilities management solutions for thousands of customers nationwide. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Landscape Technician - Level 2
Acorn Business Park, Liverpool – Covering North West region
£18,949 per annum (rising to £19,947 after 12 months service subject to satisfactory performance)
40 hours per week
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Maintenance provides in-house repairs and maintenance services for an extensive portfolio of properties across Sanctuary Group’s organisations. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we aim to achieve outstanding results for our customers based on our values - working in an open and transparent way, creating strong partnerships with our customers and providing a first-class customer service.
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Landscape Technician within the Estate Services team based in Acorn Business Park, Liverpool. You will be responsible for delivering efficient estate maintenance and property repair services throughout the North West region, with a particular interest in grounds maintenance.
The role of Landscape Technician – Level 2 will include:
- Coordinating the workload rota, and ensuring work is carried out to a high standard
- Undertaking grounds maintenance duties such as spraying, grass/hedge trimming and general maintenance for shrub and hard standing areas
- Ensuring gardening tools and equipment such as hedge trimmers, strimmers and all hand tools are maintained in good, workable condition and are operated within a safe manner
- Providing accurate and timely information on the progress of working tasks and undertaking relevant risk assessments
- Complying with health and safety requirements in accordance with supplier guidelines and assessments
Skills and experiences:
- Recent experience of working within a similar role where operating gardening machinery is essential
- A pesticide application certificate PA1 – PA6 or equivalent is a requirement of the role
- An enthusiastic, well organised team player with good interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to build strong working relationships
- A willingness to work in all environments
- Basic IT knowledge is desirable
- A company van and power tools will be provided for business use, therefore a full, current driving licence is essential
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary, up to set limits
- At least 24 days paid holiday plus public holidays
- Health and well-being plans, including voluntary critical illness scheme
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile, please click here
Closing Date: 22 January 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Sanctuary Maintenance Contractors Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'