Sanctuary Maintenance provides a wide range of property maintenance and facilities management solutions for thousands of customers nationwide. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Landscape Technician Level 1 – Temporary position for up to 6 months
Aspen Way, Paignton
£17,353 per annum pro-rata
40 hour per week
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Maintenance provides in-house repairs and maintenance services for an extensive portfolio of properties across Sanctuary Group’s organisations. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we aim to achieve outstanding results for our customers based on our values - working in an open and transparent way, creating strong partnerships with our customers and providing a first-class customer service.
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Landscape Technician Level 1 within the Estate Services team based in the Paignton. This division is responsible for delivering efficient estate maintenance and property repair services throughout the UK, with a particular interest in grounds maintenance.
The role of Landscape Technician Level 1 will include:
- Using commercial equipment to mow communal areas, maintain hedges, flower beds and hard standing areas
- Completing daily work records and maintaining stock levels
- Ensuring gardening tools and equipment such as hedge trimmers, strimmers and all hand tools are maintained in good, workable condition and are operated within a safe manner
- Providing accurate and timely information on the progress of tasks
- Complying with health and safety requirements in accordance with supplier guidelines and assessments
Skills and experiences:
- Recent experience of working within a similar role e.g. operating gardening machinery, would be desirable
- Holding a pesticide application certificate PA1 – PA6 or equivalent would be desirable
- Ability to work to deadlines with a flexible approach
- An enthusiastic, well organised team player with good interpersonal skills
- You may be required to drive a company van, which will be provided for business use only, therefore a full, current driving licence would be desirable
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary, up to set limits
- At least 24 days paid holiday plus public holidays (pro rata)
- Health and well-being plans, including voluntary critical illness scheme
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
To view the Job Profile, please click here
Closing Date: 19 April 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Sanctuary Maintenance Contractors Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.