Sanctuary Maintenance provides a wide range of property maintenance and facilities management solutions for thousands of customers nationwide. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Landscape Technician Level 1 – Temporary until 31 October 2018
Crown Business Park, Stoke-on-Trent
£17,013 per annum – subject to April pay review
40 hours per week
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Maintenance provides in-house repairs and maintenance services for an extensive portfolio of properties across Sanctuary Group’s organisations. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we aim to achieve outstanding results for our customers based on our values - working in an open and transparent way, creating strong partnerships with our customers and providing a first-class customer service.
We are looking to appoint an experienced Landscape Technician Level 1 within the Estate Services team based in Stoke-on-Trent. The team are a key section of the Property Services division and are responsible for the delivery of an efficient estate maintenance and property repair service throughout the UK.
This is a temporary position for up to 7 months with an effective date of April 2018.
The role of Landscape Technician Level 1 will include:
- Providing day to day support of estate services contracts, specifically grounds maintenance duties
- Operating specialised machinery and the safe use of chemicals and hazardous substances
- Ensuring tools and equipment are maintained in good condition and all work is carried out in accordance with Health & Safety regulations
- Responding to complaints and breakdowns in service to ensure they are dealt with effectively and within an appropriate time frame
Skills and experiences:
- Experience of working in a similar role e.g. within grounds maintenance
- Practical experience of operating similar machinery is desirable
- An enthusiastic, motivated team player with good interpersonal skills
- Travel will be a requirement of the role; therefore a full, current driving licence is essential
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme, with matching contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- At least 24 days paid holiday plus public holidays
- Health and well-being plans, including voluntary critical illness scheme
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings for you to save including; buying a new bike to cycle to work or a range of childcare services including after school clubs and summer camps
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile, please click here
Closing Date: 25 March 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Sanctuary Maintenance Contractors Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job