The Best Connection are currently seeking an experienced Landscape Gardener to work with our public sector client, during their busier summer months.
Candidates will be working as part of a team and will be expected to complete a wide variety of maintenance tasks. You will be required to work to a high standard and be proactive and flexible in your approach to work. Due to the contract requirements, you will be expected to work in a number of locations throughout Preston and is a physical role.
Duties will include:
- Grass Cutting and Strimming
- Weeding/Mulching Beds and Borders
- Pruning and shrub maintenance
- Use of machinery eg mowers, hedge cutters and leaf blowers
- Ensuring work area is safe at all times
The Suitable candidate will;
- Have experience working in a similar role
- Be able to provide references
- Be flexible to work changing hours throughout the summer months
- Have in depth knowledge of working with tools/machinery
- Have an understanding of horticulture and its upkeep and maintenance
The hours of work are varied, however you will work off a core of 07:30-17:30, Monday to Friday.
Additional Benefits & Requirements
- 28 days Paid Annual Leave pro-rata for PAYE (inclusive of statutory holiday)
- Hourly rate as above (not age dependent)
- Overtime Available
- Possible permanent position following a successful trial period
The Best Connection Employment Group Limited was formed in 1991. The company has a network of 80+ branches throughout the UK, from which specialise in the supply of temporary labour to the industrial, HGV, warehouse and distribution sectors.