Landlord and Tenant Solicitor
A new opportunity has opened for an individual, experienced Landlord and Tenant Litigation matters specialising in Lease Extensions and Lease Enfranchisements for our North London Offices. This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious individual to join a well reputed multi-site High Street Solicitor in the North London Area. This will be a fantastic chance for someone who wants to develop their potential and who can show ambition.
- 3 years+ experience in Landlord and Tenant matters.
- 3 years+ experience in Lease Extensions & Lease Enfranchisements.
- Law degree.
- Be self-motivated.
- Ability to run a caseload of contentious matters with minimal supervision.
Daily responsibilities will include:
- Provide comprehensive legal advice working to the Law Society, Lexcel and Solicitors Regulation Authority standards to all Barnes and Partners Clients.
- Manage a full caseload of defendant landlord and tenant and debt litigation matters including but not limited to: possession claims, assured short hold tenancies, enforcements of covenants, landlords consents, enfranchisement/lease extensions and removal of squatters.
- Manage day to day contact with clients, gaining clients’ confidence and that of other professionals.
- Provide written, telephone and office costs estimate to prospective clients/ Introducers with a full breakdown of costs and disbursements as requested.
- Give timely and accurate legal advice to potential clients.
- Provide timely and accurate reports of all cases to clients.
- Research documentation and case history to ensure accuracy of advice and procedures.
- Draw up contracts and other legal documentation.
- Instruct advocates to attend hearings and fully brief them.
- Attend hearings as an advocate.
- Ensure that billing takes place promptly and that outstanding balances are collected as soon as feasible.
- To achieve all individual financial costs targets.
- To maximise the firm’s potential to cross - sell services by identifying appropriate opportunities.
- Provide monthly reports of all cases.
- Complete daily timesheets.
The candidate should have:
• Excellent communication Skills.
• Good IT skills.
• Appropriate time management skills.
• Organise own workload with minimum supervision.
• Cope effectively in demanding circumstances.
• Work to a pace without errors.
• Flexible approach to work.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job