TerraQuest is an established provider of Land Referencing, Development Planning, Geographic Information Systems, Data & Document Management and fully outsourced Business Process solutions to both the Public and Private sector, spanning nearly 50 years.
We are a wholly owned subsidiary of the Mears Group PLC. Which has a turnover in excess of £800m, providing financial strength and stability. Working together we invest in innovation, securing long term outcomes rather than short term solutions, and build on outstanding partnerships with our clients.
TerraQuest prides itself in the following 6 pillars;
- Expertise - Detailed understanding of service requirements and excellent service
- Innovation – Industry leading technology
- Experience – Proven track record with local authorities and private companies
- Trusted – Confidential and secure to ISO27001 standards
- Cost Efficient - Reduces resource cost through efficiency and reduced storage
- Flexible – Ensures delivery against timescales, budget and quality outputs
We are looking for a highly-organised and analytical Technician to join our team in Belfast City Centre with ambitions to progress into a Project Management position in the future.
Ideally, you will be looking to enter or develop your career with an industry leader and have an interest in some or all of our key sectors. These include planning, geography, land, property and construction sectors. You will be gaining knowledge and experience in working on some of the UK’s major infrastructure projects along with industry leading, outsourced planning services.
You will have the know how to deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Analyse and verify information in relation to ownership and occupation of land and property
- Capture graphical and/or textual information to specified quality levels and production rates as required
- Record results of site visits accurately
- Day to day liaison with team members, clients and interested parties
- Communicate project objectives and to deal with enquiries from the general public
- Process planning application validations against a fixed turn-around target and to make the decision as to whether the application is invalid or valid (referring to the Senior Planning Technician or Junior Project Manager where necessary for guidance)
- To negotiate amendments to application submissions by communicating with the applicant/agent via telephone, email, letter
- Answer queries from applicants/agents regarding planning applications
- Update project documentation and systems including Daily Production Logs, Quality Logs and customer business systems as directed.
The position will be as a member of a dedicated team, delivering specialist land and property services and projects in areas as diverse as processing planning applications to analysing, processing and capturing ownership and occupation data, including spatial data using a geographic information system (GIS), and extensive communication and interaction with stakeholders from the general public, planning professionals and our clients. Technicians are also required to occasionally undertake visits to sites throughout the UK.
What we need from you
- A basic understanding of Geography
- Proficiency in MS Office and use of the
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Exposure to Geographic Information Systems
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant qualification
What we will give back to you:
We want to give you a great work environment; contribute back to both your personal and professional development; and give you great benefits so you can make the most of your time at TerraQuest. Some of these benefits include:
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Bespoke industry leading Learning & Development programmes
- Group Annual Conference
- High end working environment in Belfast City Centre
- Corporate discount package providing you with discounts and money back on holidays, cinema tickets and meals out.
- Private Health insurance package*
- Flexible working
- Use and access to the latest technology
- Opportunity to gain knowledge and experience in working on some of the UK’s major infrastructure projects
Please select the Apply button to submit an application or for an informal discussion please contact Jake Talbot at Mears Group on
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'