Our client is one of the country’s largest and most respected independently owned house builders. Based in Cheshire, they have been helping people to buy new homes across the North West, Midlands and South of England for over 60 years.
Decades of experience have earned them a reputation as a responsible and professional development partner in the regeneration of local areas.
Position: Land Manager
Location: Bedford, MK44 3JZ
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
About the role:
They have an exciting opportunity for a Land Manager to take responsibility for identifying and appraising suitable development land and negotiating terms of contract for the acquisition of sites predominantly in the Northampton, Milton Keynes, Bedford, Cambridge, North Bucks and Oxford area.
- Prepare appropriate briefs for architects for the preparation of feasibility schemes
- Collate build costs, market research, local planning and policy summary together with technical information to produce a clear assessment of the potential success of a development
- Reviewing layouts and develope an appropriate mix of dwellings for the development and its location
- Liaise with internal teams to produce an initial land value appraisal
- Successfully negotiate terms for the acquisition of land
- Obtain offers from Housing Associations
- Manage and maintain the land register / portfolio
- The commissioning, co-ordination and checking of various consultant designs and reports
- Design economically and understand the commercial aspects of design decisions
- Liaise with external consultants to ensure the successful delivery of applications and decisions
- Previous successful experience in land acquisition process in the house building industry
- Knowledge of planning policy and process
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to obtain planning consent at the best possible terms
- Full clean driving licence
- Will be required to travel
You may have experience of the following: Land Manager, Project Management, Property Development, Acquisitions, Planning Manager, Planner, Land Buyer, Development Land Manager, Development Manager, Negotiator, House Builder etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job