Company: C4S SEARCH
Location: Saffron Waldon
Length: Initial 6 month fixed term contract
Shifts: 7.30am-4pm or 2-10pm
As part of the role you will report into the Biosample Operations specialist and alongside the Biomarker discovery team. The team you are a part of is responsible for carrying high-throughput epigenetic assays to discover biomarkers which can be developed into early cancer screening diagnostic assays. You will also be responsible for receipting and preparing clinical samples for high throughput analysis and ensuring compliance with regulatory and quality standards.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Inventory, accessioning, and tracking of incoming samples into the lab via a LIMS system.
- Registration, preparation and analysis of samples as required.
- Adhering to documented procedures for all aspects of laboratory work, ensuring that all relevant information concerning samples is recorded, that samples are handled correctly, and that all necessary records and quality data are maintained.
- To accurately register samples within defined timeframes
- Perform routine laboratory maintenance activities, including ordering supplies and maintaining consumable inventories
- Liaising with Courier companies to organise shipments of samples
Requirements & Experience
- A HND or Bachelor’s degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, biotechnology or similar subject is required.
- Strong teamwork ethic and the commitment to successfully deliver to tight deadlines is essential.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are a must in both lab and office-based work
- A clear, strong and open communication style is essential.
- Experience using Microsoft Office and Laboratory management systems
- Experience within a contract research organization, university core facility or clinical laboratory is advantageous.
- Experience of working within a GCLP or ISO15189 or ISO13485 environment is advantageous.
- An understanding of Human Tissue Authority legislation is advantageous.
- New graduates are welcome to apply.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'