Labourer / Material Handler - BB15
Builders Beams are a fully integrated structural steel fabricator supplying steel and reinforcing to the construction industry since 1992 . Based in Crawley, West Sussex Builders Beams is the largest steel fabricator in the south. At Builders Beams, we tackle complex challenges, work hard and above all celebrate our employees. With years of experience, our workforce has fulfilled a strong role in the growth of Builders Beams. Here in Crawley, we are focused on constant innovation and improvements that are executed collaboratively with our staff. Our company has rapidly grown resultant from the investment in technology and our staff.
At the heart of our business, is ensuring all our staff is motivated, engaged and developing. Additionally, all employees receive a variety of perks from Perkbox, including the provision of a wellness hub.
If you would like to join a vibrant, progressive and innovative company, we have an exciting opportunity for a proactive, self-motivated individual to join our busy Operations department based at Crawley.
Main purpose of the role:
To provide labour and support to the Operational Team as and where required.
Main duties of the role:
• Setting and operating machines and lifting aids (once trained), and carrying out periodical maintenance checks as specified in the operating procedures.
• Read and work from engineer drawings to customer specifications.
• Conduct quality inspection of processed goods.
• Adhere to safe working practices at all times.
• Operation of forklifts and side-loaders (once trained),
• Moving, loading and unloading vehicles in a safe and efficient manner
• Maintain good housekeeping.
• Adhere to stock rotation.
• Ensure all delivery paperwork is correct.
• Inspections of all goods-in to ensure orders are complete, reporting any inconsistencies.
• Ensure stock is maintained throughout the warehouse
• Paint steel (once trained) where appropriate and instructed to do so
• Package and label completed goods
• Any other reasonable duties as and when required.
Experience and Skills
• Experience in a warehouse is beneficial but not required
• Side-loader & Overhead Crane Licence is beneficial although training will be given
• Company Pension
• Life insurance
• Perkbox membership
• Employee discount schemes
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'