An opportunity had arisen for a lab technician to join an award-winning analytical testing laboratory at its UKAS accredited facility just outside of Cambridgeshire. As a lab technician, you will work as part of the analytical team carrying out various tests using GC, GC-MS, ICP-MS & OES and HPLC instruments. You will also be responsible for maintaining these instruments and ensuring all laboratory activities are carried out in accordance with ISO17025.
To be successful you should ideally hold a degree in a relevant scientific discipline, possess experience either within a commercial or academic laboratory and have strong communication skills.
Lab Technician Responsibilities:
- Generation of sample and QC data in line with client and company requirement.
- Carry out various sample tests using GC, GC-MS, ICP-MS & OES and HPLC instruments.
- Sample preparation.
- Support with the maintenance for the laboratories analytical instrumentation.
- Ensure stocks, equipment and storage areas are well kept and meet company standards.
Lab Technician Requirements:
- Hold a degree in a relevant scientific discipline, (i.e. chemistry, analytical, forensic science)
- Experience either within a commercial or academic laboratory.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Ability to work well independently as-well-as in a team.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications, Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
Salary: £16,000 + Benefits - 25 days holiday + Banks - Company Pension Contribution - Life Assurance
Hours: 37.5 hrs per week - 6.00am to 2.00pm Monday to Friday - 30min Lunch
If you are a recent science graduate are looking for your first commercial role then get in touch with Lewis at Cranleigh Scientific with your CV.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'