Our client is a global pharmaceutical company with a major presence in the UK. Their purpose is to deliver life-changing medicines and to do this they are completely science-led and like to share this with the scientific, healthcare and business communities within the UK.
This is an excellent opportunity to be based in our client's offices in Cambridge where you will develop close working relationships with key stakeholders to manage and implement diagnostic testing set-up for clinical trials. Today, Cambridge still remains at the forefront of science and is one of Europe's most important industry clusters.
To support the Global Cell Bank team to locate, grow and consolidate cell samples for relocation to the new Cambridge Facility
• To maximise the storage space of cryopreserved vials within the Cell Bank facility, adhering to GCB SHE risk assessments and local procedures
• To dispose of cell samples according to COSHH risk assessments
• To ensure that databases are kept up to date with any changes to the asset storage
• To ensure all progress is captured in accordance with tracking spreadsheets and reported as appropriate to GCB and management teams
• To upload new information onto the relevant database, including datamining journals and literature
• To coordinate international shipments of cryopreserved cell lines, in accordance with Governmental import and export legislation
Educated to degree level in a science related subject or have equivalent laboratory technician experience; cell biology laboratory experience would be beneficial
• Hands-on experience of cell culture, cryopreservation and cell-based methodologies would be an advantage
• Computer literate: articulate, confident and competent in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel with experience of using databases, analytical packages and presenting data using standard techniques e.g. PowerPoint, spreadsheets, computerised reports etc.
• Outstanding communication skills on all levels, problem solving capabilities and ability to work as a team member
• Ability to work on own initiative and unsupervised to deadlines, planning, organising and setting priorities for own work showing well developed organisational and time management skills
• Ability to deal promptly, effectively and courteously with requests for information and to use initiative in solving problems and responding to queries ensuring compliance with standard procedures and practices
• Proven excellent customer service focus and ability to work collaboratively
• Able to adapt emerging best practices and industry innovations
• Cryogenic storage and handling awareness
• Manual handling knowledge
• Ability to support a project manager and deliver to agreed deadlines
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46438 in all correspondence.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'