SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Laboratory Technician - Chemistry to join our global organisation. The successful candidate will assist in the day to day accurate and efficient processing of workload in the laboratory in accordance with policies and procedures.
The salary for this position is £16,000 per annum working 35 hours per week on a rotating shift basis.
- To assist in the day-to-day effective, accurate and efficient processing of workload in the chemistry laboratory in accordance with documented procedures and to perform the tasks as designated.
- To adhere to regulations and laboratory policies regarding health, safety and welfare.
- To uphold a clean and hygienic working environment.
- To ensure that samples received into the laboratory are handled in accordance with documented procedures.
- To uphold client confidence and actively liaise with them where necessary.
- To ensure the maintenance of equipment.
- To ensure adequate stocks of reagents and consumables are kept at all times.
- To participate in all training and quality programs.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a keen interest in working within a laboratory environment. The ideal candidate will have a strong, positive work ethic and be educated to GCSE level (a chemistry qualification would be desirable but not essential). The main requirement is that you have the ability to learn quickly and respond positively to taking on new responsibilities and challenges, you will communicate effectively and work well with others, demonstrating strong interpersonal skills.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"