Alfred H Knight International (Prescot, Merseyside)
Independent Commodity Surveyors, Analysts & Consultants
The Alfred H Knight Group is one of the worlds leading independent superintendent, analysts and technical consultants, with operations in over 30 countries providing analytical services to the metals and minerals industry in the analysis of metalliferous commodities.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Responsible for carrying out analytical methods and standard operating practices without supervision to a high degree of precision and accuracy, ensuring that an effective and high quality analytical service is provided to meet reporting deadlines on the various types of samples / commodities submitted to the laboratory for analytical evaluation.
- Ensuring at all times that a high degree of accuracy and precision is applied to methods and procedures through incorporating and promoting good laboratory practice principles.
- Responsible for ensuring that work throughput is followed in accordance to documented methods and procedures.
- Advising the Section Manager of repetitive problems in connection with training and development objectives that manifest during the execution of day-to-day analytical methods and procedures and associated standard operating practices.
- Maintaining records and laboratory data in agreement with the Section Manager such that work is clearly and easily auditable and traceable.
- Processing analytical data unsupervised in preparation of results being checked and authorised prior to reporting.
- Assisting the Section Manager in setting out and implementing extended training programmes that will ensure that the post holder is sufficiently well trained to carry out their analytical responsibilities accurately and efficiently.
- Assisting the Section Manager in updating the post holders training record at every training milestone, while maintaining competency training records as a record of achievement beyond the initial 12 months training and development.
- Ensuring that all laboratory work areas and work stations are kept clean and tidy.
- Good attention to detail.
- Team player.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate a high degree of manual dexterity
Salary will be considered subject to technical knowledge, practical expertise, and laboratory experience capabilities.
If you would like to apply for this position please forward a CV and covering letter to Debbie Baker, HR Manager.
Please state salary expectation when submitting CV.
Monday - Friday 8.30am - 5pm with one hour for lunch. Bonus at Christmas usually 2-4 weeks extra salary. Contributory pension scheme employer 5% employee 4%. Life assurance 4 x annual salary and free
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"