Laboratory Technician/ Supervisor
Hauck Heat Treatment Ltd provides a range of Surface Treatment and Heat Treatment services to the UK engineering industry. Hauck HT is part of the Materials Technology Division of Aalberts Industries NV.
Our team of specialists provide customers with access to extensive experience and excellent expert metallurgical knowledge. In addition to offering a full range of traditional heat treatment processes, Hauck HT also provide special treatments designed to overcome specific problems such as abrasion, corrosion and adhesion.
We are now looking for a Laboratory Technician /Supervisor to join our team at Hauck Letchworth
About the Laboratory Technician/ Supervisor role:
The successful candidate will manage a small team of Laboratory Inspectors. You will proactively supervise and coordinate all laboratory duties to ensure that the preparation and completion of test results and process control tests are carried out efficiently and effectively in accordance with Specifications, Company Procedures and Site work instructions. These will include metallographic examination of test pieces.
You will work within the Quality control standards of NADCAP, AS9100 and ISO 9001 and be part of a team who have been awarded the SC21 silver award in recognition of the performance standards delivered by the team.
You will be able to demonstrate the ability to use testing and inspection equipment to meet BS, ASTM and ISO standards. You will undertake investigations, recommend corrective actions and provide technical and metallurgical support to the Production team and our Customers.
Key responsibilities of the Laboratory Technician/ Supervisor:
- Proactively supervise and co-ordinate all laboratory duties ensuring that the preparation and completion of test results and process control tests, are carried out efficiently, effectively and in a timely manner, in accordance with Specifications and Company, Site work instructions.
- Proactively work with the site Production & Quality Departments to maintain and continuously improve standards of quality and reduce the level of rejected work
- In conjunction with Site Production ensure that any rejects are reported correctly and actions carried out, efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Calibrate and maintain test/inspection equipment in accordance with the requirements of the Laboratory work instructions and company procedures.
- Ensure that the systems for storing metallographic samples are effectively maintained
- Assist the Quality Engineer/ Manager in maintaining the QDR system ( Quality Deficiency Reports) and in the analysis of QDR’s
- Manage the purchase of laboratory consumables in a cost effective manner, while maintaining and controlling stock levels
- Communicate effectively with Customers through email and telephone.
Requirements of the Laboratory Technician/ Supervisor:
- Ability to carry out hardness testing and fully utilise all testing and inspection equipment, including Metallographic examination of test pieces
- Technical and Metallurgical knowledge and experience, with the ability to read technical drawings
- Good working knowledge and understanding of Heat Treatment processes would be a distinct advantage
- Good working knowledge and practical application of the QDR system. ISO9001, AS9100, Nadcap experience
- Computer literate
- Self-motivated with the ability to communicate at all levels and build, maintain and develop customer relationships.
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of the Laboratory Technician/ Supervisor then please apply now!