The company you will be joining are involved in developing and manufacturing materials / chemicals used in energy storage and thermal testing. The company have a family vibe, with a small team, so your role would not be as rigid as you would perhaps find in larger organisations. An excellent chance to develop your skills and work in a really hands-on environment.
The main purpose of the role will be to:
- Perform Quality Control tests on finished products, making sure they meet all thermal/physical specifications before allowing goods to be dispatched
- Prepare product samples for customers
- Perform analysis using primarily Differential Scanning Calorimetry, and physical solidification/melting monitoring of a wide range of products under a wide range of conditions from cryogenic to very high temperatures (other analytical techniques used include measurement of pH, conductivity, density, and a number of wet chemical test procedures)
- Prepare and test samples of existing products (100g to 30kg) to the same quality and performance as that manufactured in Production
- Provide support to the Chemicals Manager
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Laboratory experience is essential for this role, this can have been gained during studies or in industry
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- High attention to detail and a flexible approach to work
- An ability to report results clearly and in various formats
- Experience performing analytical tests, such as Thermal Analysis, would be desirable
This is an excellent opportunity to join a company in a niche field, and in return they are offering a salary ranging from £22,000 - £27,000 per annum, dependant upon experience and annual bonus.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST40797 in all correspondence.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job