Hours of work: Sunday - Wednesday 10am - 8pm
We are the world leader in food and environmental testing, offering an exciting opportunity as a Laboratory Technician - Pathogensto join our expanding team based in Grimsby and be part of our growing business.
A role at Eurofins is all about team work and working towards a common goal to ensure the health and safety of us all.
- Registration, preparation and analysis of samples as required.
- Preparation of media and media QC in line with methods and standards.
- Reading plates, confirmation and validation of analytical results as required.
- Reporting and/or calculation of results in accordance with the methods of analysis.
- Adhering to documented procedures for all aspects of laboratory work, ensuring that all relevant information concerning samples is recorded, that samples are handled correctly, and that all necessary records and quality data are maintained.
- Adhering to to all appropriate Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) policies and procedures.
- To ensure that daily targets are achieved.
- Responsible for ensuring that UK health and safety legislation is maintained and helping to ensure that the working environment is kept in a clean and tidy manner with due attention to the careful maintenance of all laboratory fittings and equipment.
- To ensure personal protective clothing equipment is worn in accordance with the Health & Safety policy.
- Work with the team to drive the laboratory forward through continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of Laboratory Quality Manual in order to ensure compliance at all times with the policies, procedures and associated documents which are referred to in the manual.
- To assist through operating best practice in order to meet the requirements of the UKAS accreditation standard.
- To identify and communicate atypical results and quality system failures.
- To advise and liaise with the Customer Services department on technical matters pertaining to quality and service.
- To work in a safe manner with due regard for both personal safety and the safety of others and maintain own work area to a good housekeeping standard; and report any near misses, incidents or accidents to the first aid coordinator (accidents) or facilities manager (incidents, near misses).
- To organise and perform non-routine analytical work and solve technical problems if requested.
What We Are Looking For
We look for people who believe in what we believe in. People who enjoy coming to work each day and being part of a team who provide "results that matter"inestablishing the safety, composition, authenticity and origin of our food and water.
- Maths, English, Chemistry or Biology at GCSE grade C or above or equivalent
- Appropriate technical knowledge, ideally gained within the Food industry.
- A degree in Microbiology (or other relevant science) is preferred and/or 1+ years of practical laboratory experience in a Microbiology environment.
- Enthusiasm, energy and a driven outlook.
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Knowledge of UKAS, ISO methods
- Knowledge of specialist tests, method development and problem finding for clients e.g. source of contamination.
- 3+ years of practical laboratory experience in a Microbiology environment, using a variety of complex laboratory equipment and processes.
- Computer literate, with experience of the windows office packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and ideally be familiar with laboratory information management systems (LIMS).
Eurofins Scientific is a leading international group of laboratories with over EUR 3 billion annual sales and over 30,000 employees with a network of 400 laboratories in 42 countries.
Eurofins has a network of 16 sites in the UK and the Group provides an unparalleled range of over 150,000 reliable and validated analytical methods and support services to the pharmaceutical, food, environmental and consumer product industries, and to governments.
What Happens Next
Our people are the backbone of what we do, so it's incredibly important we find the right individuals to join us.As a potential new recruit you'll be invited to meet the team in the form of an assessment centre or a staged interview process dependent on the role and it's requirements, this will give you the opportunity to see what working for Eurofins is really like and enable us to get you know your key skills and strengths.
This position will be advertised until close of business Wednesday 02 May 2018 . Please note, we reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as early as possible.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive please be aware that if you do not receive a response within 4 weeks of the vacancy expiry date unfortunately, on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job