Location: Near Luton
Rate: £10 - £14 per hour
Contract term: 3-4 months
My client is looking for a Laboratory Technician to support the Laboratory Manager at a specialist packaging company.
The main duties as a laboratory technician will be to provide support to scientists. You will be expected to assist with the setting up and running of a variety of laboratory equipment.
Successful candidates will have familiarity of a laboratory environment. Experience with the use and maintenance of laboratory equipment would be an advantage.
You should be highly motivated and able to work under your own initiative. Good communication skills and experience of working in a multi-discipline environment are essential. There is a strong emphasis on Health and Safety so familiarity of risk assessments and legislation would be desirable but not essential.
Laboratory Technician's main responsibilities would be:
- To provide general laboratory support,
- Maintain the laboratory's cleanliness
- Downloading test data
- Perform in house calibrations of laboratory equipment.
- Preparing test materials and equipment for testing.
- Assist in the setting up and running of instrumentation and laboratory equipment.
- Undertake other duties of a similar nature including working flexibly with other employees as required.
- Manual handling of equipment and materials.
Essential Experience for Laboratory Technician
- Experience working within a laboratory environment
- Ability to interact with people at all levels;
- Ability to work on own initiative;
- Good planning and organising skills;
- Good attention to detail
Premier are acting as an employment agency