Hours of work: Monday - Friday 10-6pm inc.some bank holidays and 1 in 6 weekends
Eurofins is the world leader in food and environmental testing, offering an exciting opportunity as a Laboratory Technician to join our expanding team based in Wolverhampton and be part of our growing business.
As a Laboratory technician you’ll play key role in the preparation and analysis of our customer’s food and feed samples whilst working for a company whose mission is to protect peoples Health & Safety.
What We Are Looking For
We look for people who believe in what we believe in. People who enjoy coming to work each day and being part of a team who provide "results that matter" in establishing the safety, composition, authenticity and origin of our food and water.
- Maths and English GCSE grade C or above or equivalent
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Enthusiasm, energy and a driven outlook
- Flexibility is important due to the nature of the work we do- we work shift patterns which include late evenings and some week-ends.
Please note that previous lab experience is not essential, as full training as part of a career development plan will be given.
What we offer
- The opportunity to join a leading global organisation
- Clear career development and progression
- Competitive salary with good earning potential
- A full training program
- The chance to learn new skills
- In work benefits package
A role at Eurofins is all about team work, working towards a common goal to ensure the health and safety of us all.
- Preparation and analysis of samples as required.
- Preparation of media in line with methods and standards.
- Adhering to documented procedures for all aspects of laboratory work, ensuring that all relevant information concerning samples is recorded, that samples are handled correctly, and that all necessary records and quality data are maintained.
- Maintain turnaround time at >99%, ensuring that daily targets are achieved.
- Responsible for ensuring that UK health and safety legislation is maintained and helping to ensure that the working environment is kept in a clean and tidy manner with due attention to the careful maintenance of all laboratory fittings and equipment.
- Ensure personal protective clothing equipment is worn in accordance with the Health & Safety policy.
- Work with the team to drive the laboratory forward through continuous improvement.
- To assist through operating best practice in order to meet the requirements of the UKAS accreditation standard.
- Any other duties requested by the Team Leaders
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job