Laboratory Technician - Microbiology
A role at Eurofins is challenging and varied each and everyday. In return we offer a competitive salary and benefits package to reward our great people for all the hard work they do.
- Preparation and analysis of food samples as required.
- Comply with all relevant Health, Safety Relegation and Procedures. Responsible for ensuring that the Health and Safety policy is maintained and help to ensure that the working environment is kept in a clean and tidy manner with due attention to the careful service and maintenance of equipment.
- Ensure that personal protective clothing and equipment is worn in accordance with the Health & Safety policy
- Read and comply with Company rules, procedures, agreements and any notices displayed by the Company throughout the site.
- Adhere to the documented procedures for all aspects of the testing undertaken; ensure that all samples, or derivatives of, are handled correctly and that all necessary records and quality data are maintained.
- Report and calculate results in accordance with the methods of analysis.
- Acquire knowledge of the quality procedures to ensure compliance at all times with the policies procedures that are detailed in the respective methodology and supporting SOP’s.
- To assist through operating best practice compliance with the UKAS accreditation standard.
- Provide a high level of internal and external customer care.
- Meet set daily targets; work with the team to drive the laboratory forward through continuous improvement.
- Participate in the training programme to enhance personnel performance and competence in the workplace.
- Uphold and maintain confidentiality.
- Use and maintain equipment as detailed in the methodology and respective SOP’s, report any faults to the Lab Manager.
- Monitor the stock levels for the method under test; advise the Lab Manager when any item needs to be reordered.
What We Are Looking For
Alongside qualifications and experience, we look for people who believe in what we believe in. People who enjoy coming to work each day and being part of a team who provide "results that matter"inestablishing the safety, composition, authenticity and origin of our food and water.
Maths, English, Chemistry or Biology at GCSE grade C or above or equivalent
Proficient in Microsoft Office
Laboratory or food manufacturing experience is desirable but not essential as full training will be provided.
Enthusiasm, energy and a driven outlook
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job