REED Scientific have an excellent opportunity for a Laboratory Technician to assume a critical role in the day-to-day operations of our client's Technical Department, in particular, Calibration, sample preparation, Quality Control analysis, housekeeping, as well as providing office based administrative support.
• General housekeeping in the laboratory: this will include media preparation, waste treatment and disposal, glassware washing and general tidying.
• Checking calibration and performance of lab equipment
• Preparation of product samples for research purposes or dispatch.
• Aiding principal researcher.
• Assisting in the dispatch of customer samples and orders including generation of supporting shipping documentation.
• Logging and performing basic analysis on QC samples and report results to Laboratory/QC Supervisor
• Archive QC samples according to current process.
• Ensure Standard Operating Procedures are followed and appropriate Batch Records/supporting laboratory work/sample requests are completed in a timely manner.
• Ensure compliance with all quality procedure in line with company Quality Policy and objectives.
• Answering the telephone and maintaining other office functions as required.
• Preparation of reagents, sample management.
• Sample and test material management
• General laboratory duties.
• Degree (or equivalent) in Chemistry or related chemical science subject.
• Demonstrate innovative and logical thinking.
• Willing to offer a ‘hands on’ approach.
• You will need an eye for detail and work steadily at routine tasks and have effective communication skills.
• Knowledge of HPLC.
• Good laboratory skills and presentation of results.
• Able to prioritise work according to business need.
• Demonstrates commercial sensitivity.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business