Laboratory Technician (Chemistry/Materials) c£19-20k
Temp 3 month contract (opportunity to go permanent)
A lab technician is urgently required to join a small team in within a chemicals/ materials laboratory to apply the appropriate scientific test program and procedure to any sample submitted for analysis and to produce accurate, valid results as requested/required by the initiator of the request/internal customer.
- Wash and prepare samples in accordance with company SOP’s
- Analyse residues, Basic Grinding jobs.
- Assist with experiments, the associated calculations to deliver the expected result and the required accuracy and precision
- Write technical notes, if more detailed information is requested by the customer.
- Prioritise workload to complete the daily work and to achieve the internal customers´ agreed deadlines.
- Lead short term projects.
- Have a good technical understanding of the methodology used.
- Follow laboratory procedures on various sample types, as submitted, in order to produce accurate, reproducible results
- The ability to make minor changes to a procedure in order to obtain a valid, reliable result
- Promoting best laboratory practice and maintaining high standards of health, safety, environment and quality
- Basic knowledge of minerals and mineral processing
- Being capable of working with a basic set of software packages
- Make sure resources, equipment and manpower is used most efficiently and effectively for best practise experimental throughput.
- Connect the results/conclusions with possible advantages or disadvantages for the business
- Evaluate the laboratory procedures and update them when it is necessary for the various sample types
- Evaluate equipment stability/accuracy and the range of the results available
Qualifications and Experience
- Background in science Chemistry, Materials Engineering or comparable scientific field.
- Experience of working in an industrial laboratory or plant site is essential.
- Good IT and communication skills.
To Apply Please contact Alison Basson at Hudson Shribman Scientific Recruitment, quoting reference ABJ3514, on
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job