SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Laboratory Technical Administrator to join our global organisation. The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out routine administration/testing of toys and juvenile products. This is a critical role in order to maintain sample workflow to meet customer deadlines.
The annual salary on offer is £14,000 - £15,500 depending on experience, plus an annual performance bonus of up to 10%, SGS also offer an excellent benefits package including a minimum of 23 days' holiday increasing with service, child care vouchers and discount schemes, plus a contributory stakeholder pension with a matching contribution of up to 6%.
- Performance of routine laboratory tests as directed by the line manager ensuring a timely response to customers’ needs.
- To ensure that the quality and reporting of work complies with Quality Management Systems and that UKAS requirements are met in order to demonstrate a reliable quality system is in place.
- To maintain designated laboratory areas and the equipment therein in a safe, clean, tidy and serviceable condition to meet both UKAS and Company Health and Safety requirements.
- To carry out and record the scheduled calibration of test equipment in good time.
- To carry out routine administration duties such as booking in and issuing quotations, associated with the department and good customer service.
- To ensure, in liaison with your line manager, that personal training needs are identified and implemented, acquiring relevant experience and/or skills.
- To assist other sections or departments as directed, enabling maximum efficiency and profitability.
- To assist in the training of other laboratory staff to provide flexibility of cover and maximum efficiency of the laboratory.
The successful candidate will have previous experience in an administrative/laboratory environment with competent IT skills. The successful candidate will hold a minimum of Grade A-C GCSE in Maths, English and Science. Previous mechanical testing or laboratory testing experience focusing on product safety would be advantageous.
- Test Equipment
- Product Safety
- Quality System
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job