Laboratory Sample Data Entry/Administrator/Receptionist
Hours: 8am - 5pm and 1pm - 10pm rotating week on week, plus 1 in 3 Saturdays (8am - 4pm, paid at time and half)
Our client a private medical testing facility based at Salford Quays are looking to recruit a full time medical data entry/administrator/receptionist
Overall Job Purpose:
To undertake clerical and telephone duties with the Sample Reception Area. You will be liaising with External clients, Biomedical Scientist at the laboratory, Courier Staff, Consultant Pathologists, other departments and colleagues for the benefit of patient care and maintenance of co-operative relationships.
To provide support and assistance to the State Registered Biomedical Scientists in the Pathology Laboratory.
To provide general support in other areas of the laboratory and other laboratories as required.
- The receipt, identification and preparation of all samples and request forms entering the department.
- Data entry of all sample information
- To identify, prepare and despatch all samples to correct departments maintaining an accurate log, using the specimen tracker system.
- To prepare, store and retrieve when necessary frozen aliquots, 24hr urine aliquots, microbiology and routine blood samples.
- To alert the appropriate departments on receipt of urgent samples, frozen samples and samples requiring special handling.
- Dealing with clientele face to face, regarding general queries about samples
- General scanning, filling and archiving of request forms and other hard copy data.
- Receiving telephone calls, placing calls on hold/transferring calls and dealing with any queries appropriately
- To maintain a level of service and professionalism as expected, by the company, of the jobholder. Ensuring that all procedures are documented and updated as required.
- To handle queries relating to samples and requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Actively provide assistance in other sections when required.
- Comply with Health and Safety legislation
Skills and experience:
- Good organisational skills.
- Fast and accurate data entry skills
- Reception and administration experience
- First class customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
In the first instance please apply by forwarding your CV, however, preference will be given to those who then follow up with a phone call.
Please contact Vicky at our Manchester office
Ritz recruitment - Employment Agency