P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Laboratory Operative to join our clients team based in Wingham, Kent. The successful applicant will be responsible for operating the Laboratory in a manner that meets the commercial requirements of the individual business nits whilst maximising the efficiency, upholding all quality standards and HAS and Environmental Standards.
- Complete and record all relevant tests during the year
- Comply with all assurance schemes
- Ensure intake and dispatch of grain is completed due to procedures
- Keep up to date with relevant schemes and best working practises.
- Keep lab in a fit and tidy state at all times
- Facilitate audits at the appropriate time
- All relevant procedures and checks to be completed on time every time
- Comply with all company procedures
- Comply with all legal requirements
- Grain sampling on Farm when needed
- Carry out testing requirements and record keeping for our tenant’s products
- Working with the Planners to ensure Harvest reservation bookings are created
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Manage others work load and capabilities
- Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and the Internet.
- Proven Database Management Skills
- Ability to handle telephone calls proficiently
- Ability to communicate
- Ability to work with all in house systems.
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Proven attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative, managing own workload and time, whilst developing effective and supportive relationships with colleagues
- Ability to deal confidently with a wide range of people in difficult circumstances
- Sound knowledge of Certification scheme.
- Working knowledge of Agricultural practise.
- Technical knowledge of variety suitability.
- Focused on using skills, training and experience to the benefit of the customer.
If this is a position you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.