Our client is a successful R & D organisation who is leading the way in creating coating solutions for batteries and automobile industry and is currently seeking to recruit an experienced and innovative Laboratory Manager, to run their state of the art laboratory based in the Eastbourne area.
The Laboratory Manager is expected to have an MSc or PhD in Chemistry, Material Science or related subject with at least 3 years’ experience of management. The candidate will have previous working experience in development of material sciences laboratory and possess good knowledge of laboratory processes such as managing product from R & D stage to commercial release.
The Laboratory Manager will be responsible for:
- Managing team of 5- 6 Scientists and R & D projects
- Playing a leading role in the development of the lab whilst ensuring it is fit for purpose
- Managing SOPs and analytical method development as well as laboratory equipment
- Liaising daily with R & D team members to assess their progress.
The Laboratory Manager will have:
Ability to interpret and analyse complex data, make recommendations and effectively communicate findings to internal stakeholders to aid decision making.
Also, excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively across all levels. Pragmatic, solutions- focused approach, backed by strong technical and analytical skills.
Strong IT skills and good presentation skills (written & verbal)
All applicants must be able to drive and eligible to live and work in the UK
- Laboratory Manager
- R & D Manager
- Managing skill
- Material/coating technology
- MSc, PhD Chemistry/Material Science